Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this COVID-19 pandemic. Be safe.
Trusted Agent Services Group Pre-Licensing Course provides aspiring Title Insurance Producer Independent Contractors (TIPICs) with an understanding of concepts and principles in the title industry required to pass the state licensing exam (administered by Prometric Testing). The title insurance concepts and principles presented in the course address the Prometric Examination Content Outline used as a guide in studying for the state exam. The passing of the End of Course Exam is required to complete the Prelicensing Course. The passing of the prelicensing education course is dependent upon the student.
The cost of the pre-licensing course is $399 which includes:
(1) An instructor who is a licensed TIPIC and Notary Public professional
(2) Title Insurance Prelicensing Handbook
(3) 20 hours of combined webinar and home study training
The pre-licensing course consists of 5 sessions held over a 3-week time frame. All sessions are held online by Webinar during the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds are due one week prior to class start date. The dates and times of the scheduled sessions are listed below:
THE NEXT The Pre-licensing Course information is below:
November 30 - December 21, 2020 (Funds due by November 21, 2020)
All five (5) sessions are held by Webinar:
Session 1 - Mon, Nov 30, 6:30p - 9:30p
Session 2 - Mon, Dec 7, 7p - 9p
Session 3 - Thu, Dec 10, 7p - 9p
Session 4 - Thu, Dec 17, 7p - 9p
Session 5 - Mon, Dec 21, 6:30p - 9:30p
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER!
Instructor Cancellation Policy
Student Cancellation Policy
Title Insurance Producer
TIPIC informational sessions are held by Webinar monthly. Click here to view Webinar Schedule.
A TIPIC must be commissioned as a Notary Public in Maryland in order to render services independently which may result in the issuance of a title insurance contract. Consequently, a Notary Public must meet the title licensing requirement in order to perform official duties at real estate closings or settlements.
As an independent contractor, the TIPIC is contracted by a "closing agent" to ensure that real estate loan products properly signed by the client, notarized by the notary and returned for processing in a timely manner. As an independent contractor, the TIPIC is also responsible for filing the proper tax forms with IRS.
The Home Loan Process
1. The borrower initiates the loan by contacting the lender and applying for the loan.
2. The lender processes the loan, contacts the closing agent, and funds the loan.
3. The closing agent, an independent third party authorized by the lender, performs the closing duties on the loan and acts as an implementer for the borrowers, often contracting Notary Signing Agents directly or indirectly through a signing service.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr